Monday, September 28, 2009

Waves of the Danube

Waves of the Danube ("Valurile Dunării", in Romanian) is probably the most famous Romanian waltz. The atmosphere of the melody matches very well the feeling one has when going to the Danube Delta.

You can find more details in the presentation Icutsa wrote for the slideshow on youtube.
By the way, the slide-show starts with a first image from the Danube Delta, a picture that I took in Sulina in 2007, at sunrise, while going birdwatching very early in the morning. Normally, I would get angry for my image being used without my permission, but this time I don't mind, for three reasons:
1) the presentation is not used for commercial purposes (hopefully)
2) I like the fact that someone finally decided to remind us about Ion Ivanovici and do a nice presentation of him
3) the slideshow itself is nice, it highlights the main aspects of the Danube Delta: the birds, the population and traditions (fishing), the places, the landscape.

No comments: